Sunday, May 3, 2009

colores y comidas

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

of course, my first off shore post had to be food related
it wouldn't be me writing if it wasn't
i arrived early in the dia and just walked around Madrid
i found all these city cleaning guys sporting these radical neon colour combinations
i dig the yellows/reds/blues with the reds/fuschias of the flores

it was brilliant to see shannon later that evening and hear her beautiful flawless spanish
she took me a couple of her visiting pals to txirimirla
this basque tapas bar
we started with this amazing dry white wine, txoli, which had me considering rerouting my
travel plans to include a stop in bilboa to grab a case of the stuff
i had four glassfuls. and a heap of great tapas.
we took a late night coche spin around the major sites in and around the ciudad.
a first noche to beat.

No comments: