Wednesday, June 3, 2009

we're out, like svelte fish, arm over arm

Photobucket

we have good fun and offer bits of banter in english, spanish, french and italian.
it amuses me when i say some random thing i always say and he wonders its origin
and i have the moment to explain my isms and i love that and try to cleverly define
the things i have created.
we sit out on the green waves for a few minutes and i have my eye peeled for
the one i have chosen
he notices this as i ready myself and almost too late shouts, 'paddle anushka!'
its got me by the feet and i rise up with it and pop to the stance we have been
perfecting for days
i'm looking down and it seems still for the second before it breaks
i've got it, i'm holding on, wax under soles, my soul on this one
and i flip off the back of my craft, into the curl motion of the ocean
feet over my head, salt tossed, head up out of water
he's got a big smile for me and says that was a big one

No comments: